Information for Students
Please note: Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 academic year. Applications CLOSE on August 28th. This online application will take approximately 20-30 minutes to complete, and you should have a parent/guardian with you to complete it.
If you have been accepted to participate in Young Engineers Shape the World, you will receive an acceptance letter and email which will contain instructions on how to sign up for the 2019 Kickoff Conference and following workshops. Registration for these activities are required in order for you to participate.
Want to attend an in person informational session before submitting an application? Learn more about opportunities by clicking the button below!
Engineers are creative problem solvers, but you might not realize just how much of an impact they have on the things you rely on every day. Never before have we had a human population of seven billion people, all needing food, water, shelter, energy, healthcare, education and employment. Engineers help solve complex problems to help provide:
- water for communities around the world
- make alternative energy efficient and affordable for those with limited access
- design enhanced human-machine interactions
- develop tools that help physicians save lives
- create materials that heal themselves
All Young Engineers Shape the World students will engage in Saturday sessions with one of our partner YESW educators and ASU engineering students. They will learn about how engineering impacts everyday life, what engineers do, the types of problems undergraduate students solve, various fields of engineering and the steps needed to pursue a career in engineering.
What will the program entail for students?
- Attend 3-hour Saturday sessions throughout the academic year
- Explore various engineering disciplines through collaborative design challenges
- Meet and network with engineering industry professionals during Evening with Engineers events
- Participate in college-readiness workshops focused on applying to college, financial aid, and more
- Experience the Fulton Undergraduate Research Symposium and Innovation Showcase at ASU
- Tour the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering with your family
Why should you participate?
- Witness just how important engineers are to the world
- Develop your identity as an engineer while in high school
- Figure out how you can be part of helping the world as an engineer
- Teach your friends and family about how cool engineering is
- Make connections with current Fulton Engineering students
- Learn about what is takes to be an engineering student at ASU
- Have a better idea of what you want to do after high school
- See amazing projects from undergraduate students at the Fulton Undergraduate Research Initiative Symposium, Capstone Project Showcase, Innovation Showcase, Engineering Projects in Community Service and Fulton Start Up Center demonstrations
- Become eligible for one of 50 competitive scholarships of $1,000 for Arizona residents who enroll in a Fulton Schools undergraduate program upon high school graduation (Learn more about scholarship details)